USA: Top 10 Cities Where Gay Singles Are Looking For Marriage & Kids
The Huffington Post reports:
Gay, single and seeking marriage and family? As it turns out, you may have to travel to a state where same-sex marriage isn’t legal to find the partner of your dreams.
In honor of Pride Month, online dating site Chemistry.com has released its ranking of the top 10 U.S. cities where lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender (LGBT) singles are looking for marriage and kids — and the survey has yielded some surprising results.
Topping the 2012 list is Richmond, Va., which came in ahead of cities better known for their large LGBT populations, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Noticeably absent altogether was New York City.
Also ranking high were Baltimore, Md., which came in second, and Hartford, Conn., which nabbed fifth place.
Of the study, Chemistry.com’s Chief Scientific Advisor Dr. Helen Fisher observed, “The brain circuits for romantic love and deep attachment to a partner lie way below the thinking cortex, in survival pathways that evolved millions of years ago. Gays and lesbians inherited these brain circuits just like the rest of us.”
She went on to note: “But the gays and lesbians in these 10 cities have an extra predisposition. Most are also predominantly what I call ‘Negotiators’ —men and women particularly expressive of the estrogen system in the brain. Negotiators tend to be empathetic, linguistically skilled, adept at handling people-and nurturing. So many will ‘naturally’ want to wed and rear kids, as this study elegantly shows.”
- nil-ma-aelnino likes this
- hamishgillies reblogged this from alexorue
- v-wiebke reblogged this from alexorue
- completelyblits likes this
- whereisdeivid likes this
- mystuffs7592 likes this
- thelionsstampede likes this
- kathsdasdas likes this
- iridescent-fire likes this
- mysticalbadass likes this
- doortomysoul reblogged this from nxtmcqueen
- nxtmcqueen reblogged this from alexorue
- de-liri0us reblogged this from shutup4ndloveme
- de-liri0us likes this
- shutup4ndloveme reblogged this from alexorue
- lifeisalittlequeer reblogged this from alexorue
- infinitelygay reblogged this from alexorue
- alexorue posted this