Warren Beatty’s Transgender Son Speaks Out
Pink News UK reports:
The transgender son of actors Warren Beatty and Annette Bening has spoken about his life and experiences.
Stephen Beatty, 20, who was born physically female, began transition at the age of 14. He has made a video for WeHappyTrans.com.
In the video, Stephen says: “I identify as a trans man, a faggy queen, a homosexual, a queer, a nerd fighter, a writer, an artist and a guy who needs a haircut.”
He also spoke about the advantages of transitioning, saying: “It’s rare that my gender is misread [now that I’ve transitioned] based on my fem presentation, which I really appreciate.
“And that’s totally a privilege, being on hormones and being perceived, being read that way – as male, even though I’m presenting in a fem way. It’s totally a privilege.
“It’s nice to finally have my identity be legible to people.”
Stephen, who is a student at the Sarah Lawrence College in New York, added: “My friends have accepted me, my peers who I’m lucky to have relationships with a lot of, ever since high school, when I came out and transitioned socially when I was 14 or so.”
- infiniteacronym reblogged this from alexorue and added:
- stephandjeremiah reblogged this from theycallm3bruce
- infinitelygay reblogged this from alexorue
- sweatydeath likes this
- lady88 likes this
- uoma likes this
- whineandbeer likes this
- sparklingpants likes this
- queerlesquecutie likes this
- rissaroni likes this
- jesse--boy likes this
- ohheygrace likes this
- corycorybobory likes this
- quirkyrican reblogged this from alexorue
- theycallm3bruce reblogged this from alexorue and added:
- theycallm3bruce likes this
- alexorue posted this