Dan Savage’s Husband Terry Miller Lands New Gig: Swimsuit Model
Out Magazine reports:
T’was a time not too long ago that Terry Miller, Dan Savage’s main squeeze (who isNo. 45 on Out’s Power List this year), was too shy to have his photo taken.Seriously, there were nearly no photos of the cute guy and dad to the couple’s adolescent son.
But lately Dan Savage has been tweeting all sorts of pics of his husband (and co-founder of the It Gets Better project). Now it seems Mr. Miller has posed for fashion label Mr. Turk. And Dan Savage has tweeted out the evidence for all of us to enjoy.
Oh it CERTAINLY gets better. Lucky guys.
Read here the exclusive interview The Underwear Expert has with Terry.
WASHINGTON: Dan Savage & Terry Miller Among The First Gay Couples To Receive Marriage Licenses
Shortly after midnight last night, Dan Savage and his husband Terry Miller were among the first Washington state couples to receive to their marriage licenses. Savage and Miller first married in Canada in 2005.Hundreds of couples lined up in downtown Seattle Wednesday night for the state’s first batch of same-sex marriage licenses, in a historic, jubilant event that began at 12:01 a.m. Thursday and was expected to last for hours.They formed an eager, festive crowd, with couples young and old braving a night-time chill and wee-hours wait for the chance to make history at the normally dull King County Administration building. Supporters cheered for them with roses, coffee, hand-warmers and serenades of “Going to the Chapel.”
Photo via Seattle Slog, where you can find many more.
Dan Savage Launches Tumblr To Thank The Straight Allies Of Marriage Equality
Dan Savage has launched Straight Up Thanks, a Tumblr site where he invites you to post the photos and stories of our straight allies who were so very important in our unprecedented string of wins last week.WE COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THEM.
We are LGBT people who want to thank the straight people who helped us win marriage equality in Maine, Maryland, and Washington state, and who helped us defeat an anti-gay marriage amendment in Minnesota.
If you’re a queer person whose straight friends worked hard to win marriage equality—worked phone banks, knocked on doors, spoke out, gave money—send us a photo and a couple of sentences about what your straight friends did. Click on SUBMIT, upload a photo, and thank your straight friends publicly!
If you’re a straight person who worked for marriage equality… THANK YOU!
The caption for the above photo reads: “This is Jessica. For weeks, she phone banked, she knocked on doors and talked to people, she waved signs, and changed people’s minds about what marriage equality means to all of us. She’s wonderful, and we love her.”
Submit your own photos of your straight heroes
Dan Savage Takes Down Tony Perkins
I long for the day when Dan and this son of a bitch of Tony Perkins face to face in a court room. Dan would cut this bitch.
New E-Book About Dan Savage By NYT’s Mark Oppenheimer
The book is available now.
Dan Savage Responds To Hate Group Leader Tony Perkins
The robustly heterosexual head of the Family Research Council went on Mike Huckabee’s radio show today to respond to my recent comments. Huckabee said I was rude and vile and unhappy—please, Rev. Girlfriend, I listen toGypsy when I’m at the gym (unhappy gay men listen to Passion at the gym)—and then it wasTony Perkins’ turn:
- As my teenagers would say, he has some issues. He is a man with some real deep-seated issues … and Dan Savage is nowhere near, he’s a hundred and eighty degrees from the positions that we have taken. It’s wrong and I will tell you this,we are pursuing everything possible to deal with him because he is out of control…. This is the bottom line, Mike: is that if you don’t embrace and celebrate homosexuality and everything associated with it, then you are intolerant. And the truth of the matter is, let’s just be very, very truthful, and that’s what we deal in is the truth, that even is society embraced homosexuality, there would never be that sense of self-fulfillment because it’s outside the way God created man and woman. And that’s the bottom line. They cannot erase that, even if they get every law on the books changed, it will never change that.
Yes, Tony, I have issues.I have issues with people who would deny me and other LGBT people our full civil equality for no legitimate reason. I have particular issues with high-profile haters who encourage parents to reject their LGBT kids, doubling their already quadrupled risk for suicide. I have issues with people who say that LGBT people are “pawns of the devil.” I have issues with people who compare LGBT people to terrorists. I have issues with people who falsely link homosexuality and pedophilia. I have issues with people who suggest that a law calling for the execution of gay people merely “upholds moral conduct.”But having issues with you, Tony, isn’t quite the same thing as “having issues.” Please make a note of it.And you didn’t address the actual issue I raised during your chat today with Huckabee. You and Mike called me names—because you were angry that I called you names?—but you didn’t address the issue. So here it is again:
- LGBT kids are four times greater risk of suicide. Tony Perkinsadvises the parents of LGBT kids to reject their children. LGBT kids who are rejected by their parents are at eight times greater risk of suicide. Perkins is aware of these studies and yet heactively encourages the parents of LGBT kids to do what Perkins knows will push those kids closer to suicide.
Sue me, Tony. I’d love to see you talk about my “issues” on a witness stand.I realize that this isn’t how you think the world is supposed to work, Tony. You believe—and you’re old enough to remember a time when—people like you were free to say vile and disgusting things people like me without anyone objecting. Certainly people like me weren’t allowed to call you out. You believe you should be free to lie about me and other LGBT people—we’re all pedophiles and terrorists and Satanists—and that we should have to sit down and shut up and take it because… well, I’m not sure why you think we’re not allowed to respond when you lie about us.Maybe that’s something we could get to the bottom of during the depositions.
“Moron Of The Week” Inductee & Hate Group Leader Tony Perkins Might Pursue Legal Action Against Dan Savage
Right Wing Watch reports:
Last week, Dan Savage set off a controversy when he declared that “every dead gay kid is a victory for the Family Research Council,” so it was no surprise that today Mike Huckabee invited FRC’s Tony Perkins on to his radio program to respond, allowing both men to spend most of the discussion voicing their outrage about his remarks, with Perkins even hinting that legal action might be taken:
Perkins then went on to attack gay activists in general, declaring that they will always feel empty inside because they are “outside the way God created” them:
- Huckabee: I found Dan Savage to be unnecessarily rude, vile, and angry. Just angry. He was not a happy person and he just takes out his venom on other people, but he’s gone to a level I’ve never seen.
- Perkins: As my teenagers would say, he has some issues. He is a man with some real deep-seated issues … and Dan Savage is nowhere near, he’s a hundred and eighty degrees from the positions that we have taken. It’s wrong and I will tell you this, we are pursuing everything possible to deal with him because he is out of control.
- This is the bottom line, Mike: is that if you don’t embrace and celebrate homosexuality and everything associated with it, then you are intolerant. And the truth of the matter is, let’s just be very, very truthful, and that’s what we deal in is the truth, that even is society embraced homosexuality, there would never be that sense of self-fulfillment because it’s outside the way God created man and woman. And that’s the bottom line. They cannot erase that, even if they get every law on the books changed, it will never change that.