Kathy Griffin: I Would Never Have Dreamed Of Outing Anderson Cooper
Kathy writes for the Daily Beast:
Look, I’m a comedian. Anderson reports on the world’s toughest stories. He speaks truth to power. I, on the other hand, make fun of the spectacularly silly world of reality television and Hollywood’s fame whores (and those who love them). I don’t pretend to understand the complexities of the worlds Anderson moves in. But I do know that I don’t want my friend to face that part of the world, where he might die a very different kind of death than someone who isn’t quite so honest.
Anderson writes: “I’ve begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It’s become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something—something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed, or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.”
Here’s the thing: I love my friend Anderson and remain immensely proud of him. And I’m honored, truly, that he considers me a friend. But I just want him to be careful. Of course he wouldn’t be doing his job if he really were being careful. And he wouldn’t be who he is.
You should read the entire essay.
Kathy Griffin Gets Weekly Talk Show
The Huffington Post reports:
Bravo is bringing old favorites back with new series this year. The network announced more details about seven new series and two new specials for its 2012 slate and revealed when new seasons of already existing series will premiere.
Bravo is giving Kathy Griffin a previously unannounced weekly primetime talk show. The one-hour series, “Kathy,” will premiere this spring and include the Bravo mainstay’s expected rants plus stand-up routines, celebrity interviews and taped segments. Griffin’s run with “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” came to an end on Bravo in 2010 after six seasons, two of which earned Emmys.
Grammys Nominees: Gayer Than Ever
From Gay Icons Barbra Streisand, Lady Gaga & Katy Perry, Diva of all Divas & Gay Icon Cher, Comedienne Kathy Griffin, Straight Ally Adam Levine, to British superstar Adele. It sure seems like Music’s Greatest Day is gonna be so Gay (not that award shows aren’t full of glitter, hot dancers, gay writers, etc).
- Adele is up with 6 Nominations this year: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album & Best Short Form Music Video.
- Lady Gaga is up with 3 Nominations: Album Of The Year, Best Pop Solo Performance & Best Pop Vocal Album.
- Katy Perry is up with 2 Nominations: Record Of The Year & Best Pop Solo Performance.
- Pink is up with 1 Nomination: Best Pop Solo Performance.
- Barbra Streisand is up with 2 Nominations: Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album & Best Instrumental Arrangement.
- Cher is up with 1 Nomination: Best Song Written For Visual Media.
- Kathy Griffin is up with 1 Nomination: Best Comedy Album.
- The Glee Cast is up for 1 Nomination: Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media.
- Christina Aguilera is up for 2 Nomination: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (alongside with Maroon 5) & Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media.
- The Broadway hit show “The Book Of Mormon” is up with 1 Nomination: Best Musical Theater Album.
- Betty White is up with 1 Nomination: Best Spoken Word Album.
- Swedish Superstar Robyn is up with 1 Nomination: Best Dance/Electronica Album.
- Maroon 5 is up with 1 Nomination: Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (with Christina Aguilera).
- Latin Supestar (and Straight Ally) René Pérez Joglar’s (aka “Residente”) Band “Calle 13” is up with 1 Nomination: Best Latin Pop, Rock or Urban Album.
- Gregg Allman (Ex-member of The Allman Brothers Band, and Cher’s ex-husband) is up with 1 Nomination: Best Blues Album.
For the complete list of Nominees, click here.
Out Magazine’s Photo Shoot: Gay Icon Kathy Griffin & Out Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson
Kathy Griffin Calls Out Marcus “Ladybird” Bachmann For Homophobia Hypocrisy
Kathy Griffin Has Her “Water-cooler Moment” With Adam Lambert At The Equality California Gala
Funny Gurl: Kathy Griffin Meets Michele Bachmann
(Tipped by, my friend and blog reader, Sharyle L.)
Kathy Griffin On New York Marriage Equality
tonight we’re all New Yorkers! Straight & gay alike, let’s all celebrate marriage #equality. The right side of history!
My Favourite NOH8 Campaign Pics
I had to include the gorgeous Jonathan Waud.